Double Wedding Ring
Double Wedding Ring
Whether you make this beauty as a gift or for yourself, once finished it will surely become a family heirloom. This is not a quilt for a beginner, or the faint at heart.
Get more wedding quilt patterns and ideas when you download our FREE Wedding Quilts eBook!
Skill Level ADVANCED
Finished Quilt Size
69 1/2" x 84 3/4"
Complete Instructions: Click here to download in .pdf format.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. I'm having trouble sewing Template A to the completed pieced arc units. Any suggestions?
First, make sure that you have trimmed the pieced arc units as described in the pattern.
Second, you may use match points on both Template A and the pieced arc unit. Mark match points on wrong side of the corners of both Template A and the pieced arc unit in the following manner. Using see-through acrylic ruler, make cross hairs in each corner by drawing a short line 1/4” from each raw edge at corner. To mark match point in the center of each piece, fold them both lengthwise and widthwise and mark a match point 1/4˝ in from the edge in the middle of each side.
Once the match points are marked, you may line up Template A and a pieced arc unit on the match points at the center and the ends. Pin in place, and stitch. Hopefully, the match points will help you keep the seams correctly aligned.
2. How many rings do I need for a King Size quilt?
You will need 36 rings for a 6 rings x 6 rings layout for a King size (100˝ x 100˝) quilt.
3. My arcs are not fitting correctly with the squares. What can I do?
There are a number of reasons that the arcs and squares might not fit correctly. Here are some things to check:
- Check that your foundations copied correctly and are the right size.
- Trim the foundations as described in the pattern (Diagram VII-A).
- Insure that the fabric strips are each the right size. (Look at an unsewn arc; measure each section, and make sure the sewn arc measures the same.)
- Double check the size of your squares.
- Make sure you are sewing an exact 1/4˝ seam.
- See recommendations for sewing arcs in #1 above.
For more wedding quilt patterns and ideas, download our FREE Wedding Quilts eBook!
|To comment on this article you must be logged in. Not a member?|