Friday Free Quilt Patterns: Cross & Crown

Our Friday FREE quilt pattern this week is Cross & Crown designed by Sandra Clemons. This fat-quarter friendly design is a piecer’s dream — and isn’t it a beauty?

cross crown free quilt pattern 600 Friday Free Quilt Patterns: Cross & Crown

This charming design combines modern and traditional elements that complement nearly any decor. Our pattern is written for fat quarters. Each print is featured in 3 blocks; you’ll have 1 block left over to use as a quilt label or to use in another project, such as a coordinating throw pillow. We’ve also included step-by-step photos in the pattern to guide you through making the block corner units without marking any match points.

The quilt is shown here in retro prints from the Hadley collection designed by Denyse Schmidt for FreeSpirit Fabrics. The quilt finishes at 73 1/2″ x 83 1/2″.

cross crown free quilt pattern 2 300 Friday Free Quilt Patterns: Cross & CrownClick here for the free downloadable Cross and Crown quilt pattern.

This free quilt pattern is a web extra for our new May/June 2017 issue of McCall’s. Be sure to check out this new edition for more great quilt patterns and inspiration.

Have you missed any of our previous Friday Freebies? Click here to find them all!

This entry was posted in Friday Freebies and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Friday Free Quilt Patterns: Cross & Crown

1. Aby Dolinger says:

What a beautiful quilt! Thanks for sharing it as a freebie. If I put my time and energy into making it, it would be ready for Easter, celebrating our Savior who bore the cross and wears a crown.

2. Lu says:

Thank you so very much for your generousity in sharing this pattern to make this amazingly pretty quilt. This going to be a challenge for me to build but I am looking forward to making it.

3. terryg says:

Love the scrappy quilts Bonnie thanks for sharing with us

4. B from Canada says:

The baby size version is also a free pattern:

Interestingly enough, the write-up for the baby size says that the lap size was published in the March/April 2015 McCall’s Quilting.

5. Lauri Raube says:

This quilt has got to be one of the prettiest I have seen! The pattern and directions are even simple enough for a novice quilter like me! Thank you SO MUCH for the inspiration and the site that will continue to inspire me at the right price!!

6. Seanagh Strebchuk says:

I am so excited to try this pattern.
    I love it’s old fashioned vintage vibe!

7. Manuela Franco says:

I would Love to make this Quilt Cross & Crown March/April 2015
    Do I have to wait till friday to download the free pattern?

8. pzacharias says:

Manuela, I’m glad you like the pattern! No need to wait, the pattern is free to download at http://www.mccallsquilting.com/mccallsquilting/articles/Cross-and-Crown-FREE-Fat-Quarter-Quilt-Download?bc=c.