Friday Free Quilt Patterns: Nutmeg and Cinnamon

nutmeg and cinnamon free quilt pattern 1 Friday Free Quilt Patterns: Nutmeg and Cinnamon

Precut strips provide a welcome start for this week’s Friday FREE quilt pattern: Nutmeg and Cinnamon designed by Janice Averill. Janice says a doormat with an interlocking link design inspired this design, and she challenged herself to use a precut fabric strip pack (Tonga Treat) of the Spice Market collection by Timeless Treasures. Fabric values are important to the success of this design, as the carefully placed lights and darks play off each other for a striking effect. The finished size is 52 1/2″ x 68 1/2″.

nutmeg and cinnamon free quilt pattern 2 Friday Free Quilt Patterns: Nutmeg and Cinnamon

Click here for the free downloadable Nutmeg and Cinnamon quilt pattern.

This free quilt pattern is a web extra for our new March/April 2017 issue of McCall’s Quilting. Be sure to check out this new edition for more great patterns and inspiration.

Have you missed any of our previous Friday Freebies? Click here to find them all!

This entry was posted in Friday Freebies and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Friday Free Quilt Patterns: Nutmeg and Cinnamon

1. Nann says:

My copy of the new issue came yesterday. Thanks for increasing the number of patterns! This one caught my eye.

2. Diane says:

I’ve been all over trying to find the fabric collection for Nutmeg and Cinnamon. I want to make it for my daughter, she loves those colors. It’s called Urban Artifacts by RJR.
    Hope someone can point me in the right direction.
    Thanks in advance, Diane

3. karen hueffed says:

love this quilt

4. Jillian Anderson says:

I have made this and its gorgeous! How can I upload a photo? Jilly

5. Kathy says:

Jilly, please post your photo on the McCall’s Facebook page – we’d LOVE to see it!: https://www.facebook.com/McCallsQuilting/

6. Janice says:

I’m looking for Carolyn’s version of this design. I followed the web address in my issue of McCall’s to here, but all I see is my quilt.

7. Carrie Sisk says:

Hi Janice — so sorry for the late reply. Keep an eye out for a blog featuring Carolyn’s version of Nutmeg and Cinnamon this Saturday, 4/22!