Are you plugged in to all of the fun, free social media avenues at McCall’s Quilting? We recently asked our Facebook fans to share their top tips for new quilters, and hundreds of your fellow quilters in cyber space responded!
Maybe you’re one of the people who responded…check to see if YOUR tip made it to the top 10!
- Donna Harrison Deal — Seam rippers are your best friends!
- Beth Wade — Go easy on yourself. It won’t be perfect the first time. Love your first pieces for what they are and the hard work you put into them! HAVE FUN, if it’s not fun, something is wrong!
- Debbie Green Snider — Buy the BEST supplies that you can afford. I initially purchased cheap supplies and boy did it make a difference when I bought better things. This includes fabric. You don’t want to spend all that time creating an heirloom to have it fall apart after a few years.
- Nancy Broach Bogard — BE BOLD…..TRY IT ALL.
- Jane Begermi — Measure twice, cut once.
- Sara Jane Bylund — Classes, classes, classes. They’re fun, you learn so much, priceless.
- Judith Taylor Inge — Finished is better than perfect!
- Barbara Faye Henard Burnham — Learn to execute an accurate quarter inch seam. Measure and mark accurately. It IS Important. A little bit off with each seam will make a huge problem when assembly time comes. Don’t hurry too much… It’s not a race. Take time to enjoy yourself.
- Crystal Nichols — Make a sample block when in doubt… Then you can seam rip, try again or throw it across the room then try again!
- Beverly Cavanaugh — Only YOU will know where the imperfections are…don’t tell anyone. And start with a small project.
Join the fun on one or all of our free social media sites, and be the first to know about special contests, promotions, and magazine releases.
We’ll see you there!