Friday Free Quilt Patterns: Mill Wheel Lap Quilt Pattern

Blog image Friday Free Quilt Patterns: Mill Wheel Lap Quilt Pattern

As the holiday season is upon us, perhaps you’ve got some favorite Christmas-theme fabrics in your scrap basket that you would enjoy playing with, or maybe you have been inspired by one of the beautiful new collections at your local quilt shop.

Mill Wheel styled 600px Friday Free Quilt Patterns: Mill Wheel Lap Quilt PatternFor my version of this Mill Wheel quilt, I began with a festive 5″ charm pack of up-to-date Christmas colors, cutting 2 of the small corner patches from each charm. Some of my charm fabrics had a white background, but I didn’t want to leave them out, so I substituted them for a few of the alternate white solid small corner patches. From there, I used an assortment of coordinating prints with strong background colors for the central block patches.

The lap quilt pattern finishes at 64½″ x 72½″. Click here for the link to download the FREE Mill Wheel lap quilt pattern.

What kind of scraps might you choose for this project? What color might you use in place of the white?

I hope you’ll have some fun with this design…I know I did!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Friday Free Quilt Patterns: Mill Wheel Lap Quilt Pattern

1. patsy Cosby says:

I love to use bright colors with white

2. I would love to be the winner of this very fine quilt.

3. Wendy says:

The colors and the round parts..awesome.

4. maryfrances (pongratz) cook says:

This is beautiful………

5. simple can be beautiful

6. susan cummings says:

I would love this quilt. This is a real beauty.

7. patsy Cosby says:

I think this would be pretty in all different bright colors.

8. Celeste Catano says:

Love to own that thread collection.

9. jeanette says:

I would draw it out first , then make copies couple get the crayons out and let the keds color why they are thankfu l for ” your gonna help”!!! then inside the snow ball block (the white one) transfer what they drew, yours too! Use Red & Green mostly solid fabrics in the other blocks. Quilt with hearts, dates 2013 the artists names and you have a family heirloom , when you and your kids look back say “2027 ” the keds will laugh and YOU will say ” Not bad quilting ,I think Idid pertty good ,I’m alot better now!!!! And laugh out loud