Welcome back to our Accent on Amish Quilt Along Video Series! Today we aired the 7th episode of the Accent on Amish Quilt Along. This is the seventh of our nine-lesson series that takes you step-by-step through the entire quiltmaking process, from cutting the fabric to the last binding stitch. In lesson 7 of the series, Sherri Bain Driver and Tracee Doran show you how to layer, baste and quilt your quilt. This episode includes:
- How to layer and baste your quilt sandwich
- Demonstration of in-the-ditch and straight-line quilting on a Pfaff Quilt Expression 4.2 home sewing machine
- Demonstration of free-motion quilting on a Handi Quilter Sweet Sixteen
- Top tips for beginning and ending quilting stitches, dealing with imperfect piecing intersections, and more
If you’re new to our Accent on Amish Quilt Along, we’ve designed the video series so that viewers can pick up and quilt with us at any time. All of our videos are completely free, and can be accessed 24-7, so if you’re just now joining us you can easily catch up for the rest of the series or even take it at your own pace. Find all past episodes of the Accent on Amish Quilt Along series by clicking here. You can also subscribe to McCall’s Quilting‘s YouTube channel to be notified each time a new episode is posted, or follow along as we post new episodes on Pinterest.
As part of the Accent on Amish Quilt Along series, we’ve created an optional kit that you can purchase in our Quilt and Sew Shop as you quilt along with us. Click here to purchase the optional kit including all fabrics needed for the quilt top and binding, plus the complete set of printed Lessons 1-9. Coordinating backing fabric is also available— click here.
Stay tuned for episodes 8 and 9 of the Accent on Amish Quilt Along series where we demonstrate how to:
- Prepare the quilt for binding (Episode 8 )
- Apply the binding (Episide 9)
Special thanks to our Accent on Amish Quilt Along sponsors: