Question? Ask a Leading Quilt Magazine Editor

temp qn Question? Ask a Leading Quilt Magazine Editor

If you had a chance to ask a group of leading quilt magazine editors a question, what would your question be?

Next week, Quilters Newsletter will be taping an episode of Quilters Newsletter TV: The Quilters’ Community featuring QN creative editor Lori Baker and associate editor Mary Kate Karr-Petras,  along with Quiltmaker editor-in-chief June Dudley and our very own editor-in-chief, Beth Hayes.

Tell us what you’d like to know from these four fabulous and knowledgeable quilt experts. Reply to this post with your questions and comments…the best questions will be answered on the QNN.tv episode airing in early 2013!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Question? Ask a Leading Quilt Magazine Editor

1. Drue Cochran says:

I would like to subscribe to Quiltmaker’s Quilting & Embroidery magazine. I have purchased this in the past when I culd find it. I also just purchased a past issue from the website. Is this publication no longer available? It’s a really good magazine, but I could seldom find it on the news stands. I think I only have one or two issues.
    Please let me know if the magazine is still in publication. Thank You, Drue Cochran

2. Beth Smith says:

With all the new quilting gadgets and technology that have appeared in the last 10 years or so, why don’t patterns in quilting magazines ever seem to reference them? I know so many time saving ways of doing things now, but rarely see them in patterns. I think each pattern should have a “Tips and Tricks” box that advises how software, cutting systems, new rulers and rotary cutters, etc. can be used to cut down on time and effort. The same can also be said about newer sewing machines and sergers. I love quilting with my serger, but there are so few patterns out there that specifically include serging or offer it as an alternative to a regular sewing machine.

3. Valerie says:

Hi Drue, Quiltmaker is a sister publication, and I’m sure they would be happy to answer your question! Please email them at editor@quiltmaker.com.

4. Karen says:

I am impressed with the diversity of quilts presented in each quilting magazine. With all the various quilts submitted for your consideration, how do you chose the grouping for each issue?

5. Leanne says:

I’d love to know how to get started as a designer. What do you look for in the patterns you publish and how hard is it for new designers to be published?

6. Soph says:

I agree with Beth’s comment. A “Tips and Tricks” box would be really valuable.
    It will cut down figuring out time.. and will attract new quilters :-)
    Always great to get advise from a qualified source.

Thanks
    Sophie, Sydney Australia

7. Candy B says:

I just stumbled upon your website and have seen many quilts I would like to make. One of them is Chinook quilt by Ellie Brown for McCall’s Quilting 2008. Is it possible to get this issue or to get the pattern somehow? I really want to make this one!

Thanks so much

8. Valerie says:

Hello Candy,
    Please email us at mcq@creativecraftsgroup.com – we can make a copy of the pattern for you for a nominal fee. Thanks!