A Long Distance Quilting Team Makes a Wedding Beauty

AweddingBed A Long Distance Quilting Team Makes a Wedding Beauty

To Have and To Hold Quilt, Made by Jeanne Saylor and Kathryn Patterson

McCall’s Quilting senior editor Kathy Patterson and her mother Jeanne wanted to make a wedding quilt together, but they live 1600 miles apart. To further complicate things, Jeanne, a hand-piecing enthusiast, wanted to make a traditional Double Wedding Ring, while Kathy, a time-challenged quilter, wanted to be able to rotary cut and piece on the machine. The solution was this Double Wedding Ring variation, made with prints chosen by the future bride, Kathy’s niece.

AWedding A Long Distance Quilting Team Makes a Wedding Beauty

To Have and To Hold quilt has lovely scalloped edges

Cover 200px14 A Long Distance Quilting Team Makes a Wedding Beauty

This quilt pattern and many more are found in the brand new issue, America Quilts Together, Autumn 2012

Click here to purchase America Quilts Together from our online Quilt and Sew Shop.

Click here to purchase instant digital download of America Quilts Together.

This entry was posted in Kathy Patterson, Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to A Long Distance Quilting Team Makes a Wedding Beauty

1. Kathy Kent says:

I love this. I want to make it.

2. Kathy–are you finished with your final QDS quilt–that you can be thinking about tackling a double wedding ring:):)!!

3. Cathy Cameron says:

Absolutely gorgeous quilt. I was going to make one with a Judi Neimeyer pattern, might have to make this one instead.

4. Donna Curley says:

Is this magazine available in Canada? LOVE the pattern!!

5. ktaylor says:

I believe it is, just as our regular McCall’s magazines are. If you cannot find it, you can always order it online from http://www.quiltandsewshop.com/

6. Sondra says:

At Last! A wedding ring quilt that doesn’t make me dizzy with all the circles. I will be making THIS one.

7. Karen Smithson says:

What an absolutely beautiful quilt! I have started a Double Wedding Ring for my daughter and it may very well get made into this version instead.