Ireland Block #10 Connemara Flower

Here it is, my Connemara Flower block!

Connemara Flower Block 10 Ireland Block #10 Connemara Flower

I'm so lucky the Flower Fairies fabrics from Michael Miller are available while I'm making my Ireland quilt!

Connemara is so unbelievably beautiful that I’m guessing there’s a fairy under every blossom and in every pony’s mane. And I found this great white-on-white shamrock fabric to use as my background (which makes me think of the fields of Ireland with the sparkling white clouds above). The pattern for this one is underway and I’m hoping it’ll be posted soon. The pattern for block #9, I Left My Heart in Ireland, is hung up in the website department, but it’s complete and waiting to be posted so fingers crossed

Just 2 blocks to go and then I’ll assemble my quilt. I know that several of you have asked for yardages for the whole quilt. Since this is a scrap quilt, I can’t give you specific yardages for the blocks except to say that I’ve used about 3 yards of assorted greens/creams/whites in my blocks. I’ll be posting yardages for the rest of the quilt shortly.

Happy Piecing,

Laura

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Ireland Block #10 Connemara Flower

1. SewingMo says:

This block is beautiful! Having just returned from the Emeral Isle I was looking for blocks to commemorate the trip – these are perfect! Thank you.

2. Oh how wonderful! I love it!
    I might have to make all your blocks for my own Irish quilt, since my husband is Irish descent (his grandparents immigrated to New York).
    I adore the shamrock white–what designer and where did you get it? I need some of that!

3. Peggy says:

These blocks are taking so long to come that I am losing interest in them. I think I will finish the quilt with my own designs.

4. Carey Manninen says:

I was wondering if you would do the calladah or the celtic cross eventually for more advanced skills.

5. Valerie says:

Hello Carey, Thanks for your suggestions…the 2 remaining blocks have already been designed and are in the process of being patterned. You may want to take a look at our free online Quilt Block and Quilt Pattern index for more challenging quilt block patterns: http://www.mccallsquilting.com/patterns/index.html

6. Wendy Bain says:

Just found the Irish quilt blocks and Laura’s blog about the trip this week. It is a month after the Aug. 27 post, and I cannot find Blocks 11 ad 12. Have they not been posted? Or can someone direct me to them?

7. Valerie says:

Hi Wendy,

Last 2 blocks are still in editing process. Please keep an eye on the Ireland Block of the Month page…they’ll be posted there as soon as they’re ready for prime-time!

8. sue j says:

When will the last 2 blocks be posted? I had planned to finish this quilt for my son inlaw for Christmas. Hope they will be posted soon.

Sue J

9. Valerie says:

Hi Sue,

The 11th block, Folktale Circle, just posted! The pattern for the final block should be ready to post soon. Thanks so much for your patience, and I hope you’ll email a photo of your version to us. -Valerie

10. rosemarie says:

can you please tell me where to get some of the fabric. its beautiful