McCall’s Quilt Design Star™ 2011 Winner Announced!

Design Star FINAL1 McCalls Quilt Design Star™ 2011 Winner Announced!We began with a large group of eager new quilt designers back in March, and through three Design Challenges, we’ve come down to one winner…

Melanie Wiser Wilson 199x300 McCalls Quilt Design Star™ 2011 Winner Announced!Melanie Wiser Wilson of La Verkin, Utah!

Voting for the final McCall’s Quilt Design Star™ challenge was open to the public from October 17 through November 8, 2011, and over 72,000 votes were cast over the course of the competition. The Challenge 3 votes were tallied this morning, and Melanie has been declared the winner of the competition with her heartwarming crazy quilt design titled “Mama”.elanie Wiser Wilson 254x300 McCalls Quilt Design Star™ 2011 Winner Announced!Please join us in congratulating Melanie, and join the fun by entering our McCall’s Quilt Design Star™ 2011 Giveaway contest! Contest is open from November 9 through November 17, 2011. We’re giving away a prize package of quilter’s goodies to 3 randomly selected winners on November 18.

Congratulations, Melanie! And a special thank you to all of the other Challenge 3 Quilt Design Star™ finalists:

Mary Crowther
Linda Dalton
Diane Dragovich Moore
Norma Sue Evers
Rebecca McCreary
Marlene Oddie
Noel Payton
Betsy Vinegrad
Maureen Walsh
Craig Wickham
Shirley Jobson

McCall’s Quilting would also like to thank our grand-prize sponsors:

Horn Logo 300 web McCalls Quilt Design Star™ 2011 Winner Announced! Horn 5180 for web McCalls Quilt Design Star™ 2011 Winner Announced!

pfaff logo web McCalls Quilt Design Star™ 2011 Winner Announced!Pfaff creative 4.0 Web1 300x200 McCalls Quilt Design Star™ 2011 Winner Announced!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to McCall’s Quilt Design Star™ 2011 Winner Announced!

1. Mary C in WA says:

Thanks for the Fun Challenges in creating our quilts and sharing them on a National stage!

2. Arlete W Goncalves says:

Congrats on your creative work! Hope you keep on your creativity!

3. Linda Dalton says:

Congratulations Melanie! And thank you to McCalls! This contest was a wonderful experience for me overall and I grew so much personally from it. Thanks for helping me do that! You all have been so wonderful through this entire process and I am so glad that I was able to make it as far as I did. Thanks so much McCalls Quilting!

4. Shirley in Canada says:

Congratulations, Melanie!! Enjoy your prizes!!

Thank you McCall’s for the chance to “grow” with designing. I have never entered any contest like this and now know “I can do it”! While working with the challenges I was working a full-time and a part-time job, so time for sewing was very limited to weekends only, but I did it!

The ride of a lifetime maybe over me, but the memories and friends made live forever!

5. Melanie Wiser Wilson says:

Thanks so very much McCall’s for this exciting challenge! Who knew? From now on my moto is DREAM BIG and YOU CAN DO IT!
    Thanks to the sponsors! I’m still pinching myself and dreaming up fun projects from the first go around of prizes.
    I really want to get to know all of the 19 finalists! I’m on Facebook and would love to be your friend! You are all so talented and creative. I feel very blessed to have been in your company!
    Thanks to the judges and all of the voters and friends who left comments. It has been a wild ride! I am very GREATFUL! Tis the Season is it not? :)

6. Kristie says:

Congratulations!

7. Kathleen Whiting says:

Congratulations! Melanie, and too each of the contestants! You have made this contest fun to watch! Such a Fantastic experience! Your hard work is appreciated! Thank You again to McCalls Quilting! Kathleen

8. Debbie Allan says:

Congrats Melanie..a beautiful quilt. It was a fun contest and a dream come true to enter and play with you all. I enjoyed everyone’s excellent creations.

I have also had tremendous delight in playing with and creating new designs with the wonderful prizes I won at the Challenge 1 stage. Thanks to all the sponsors