McCall’s Quilt Design Star™ 2011/Challenge 2 Winner

Breaking Free Shirley Jobson Challenge 21 McCalls Quilt Design Star™ 2011/Challenge 2 Winner

Design Star FINAL small McCalls Quilt Design Star™ 2011/Challenge 2 WinnerWe are pleased to announce Shirley Jobson of Elk Lake, Ontario, Canada as the winner of Challenge 2 of McCall’s Quilt Design Star™ 2011!

All of the remaining 12 contestants were just sent their instructions for the final segment, Challenge 3. This time, we’ve asked them to get their inspiration from the lyrics of any well-recognized song! These ladies and gentleman have worked so hard, and I can only imagine the pressure they must be feeling right now. But if the quilts they’ve each presented so far are any indication, I’m sure each and every one will rise to the challenge.

Stay tuned for more information about Challenge 3. Voting will begin Tuesday, October 18th.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to McCall’s Quilt Design Star™ 2011/Challenge 2 Winner

1. Margie says:

This is a beautiful quilt. Congrats.

2. Judi says:

beautiful quilt, congrats on your win.

3. Mary C in WA says:

OH YEAH, and the suggestions are coming from everywhere too! Congrats to Shirley! I loved this quilt too.

4. Sarah Vee says:

Yay Shirley! Congrats to you!!! Looking forward to your next one:)

5. Carol H says:

Congrats Shirley, loved your quilt!!

6. Linda P. says:

Congrats & smoochies to Shirley! Congrats to the other 12 – you all had beautiful quilts! Can’t wait to see the next round of beauties!!

7. Shirley Jobson says:

I am awestruck! Me??? I was thrilled to be one of the 12 left…. but this!!! It’s totally and utterly amazing!!!
    Thank you McCall’s and voters!!!

Cheers to all of us in the last Challenge round!

8. Maria says:

This has been very inspiring to be a voter! The beautiful work that has been created! Wow!!! Congratulations, Shirley! Great job!!!

9. Julie Andrea Drevinskis says:

Oh, I am so happy for you Shirley!!! This is wonderful, you now have recognition for the beautiful work you do from people EVERYWHERE! :-) Now .. what are you going to come up with for the next round? Can’t wait to see what it will be, I’m sure it will be another gorgeous work of art. Congratulations!

10. KathyW says:

Just lovely. I wish my imagination would work as well as yours. A beautiful quilt!

11. Amy Bevilockway says:

What a beautiful quilt! Well deserved win. Love your colour choices too.

12. Wanda says:

So cool that Shirley won. I love her quilt and she deserves this win and many more.

13. Laurie says:

What a beautiful quilt Mom!!! We are all so proud of you, and you will always win in our hearts!! Love Laurie, Scott, Madison, Landon and Brooke!!!

P.S. Can’t wait too see what you come up with next!!!

14. Lana DuBois says:

Simple, yet elegant ! Thanks for brightening my day with this quilt.

15. Lucille Petcoff says:

congratulation Shirley way to go

16. Char says:

Beautiful quilt! Congratulations!!

17. Joanne Major says:

Yahoooooo! Congrats Sister!!! Like I said before, you’re #1 in our books and now you’re #1 in Challenge 2, you go girl! Good Luck to all contestants in Challenge 2, but especially to you Sister…..Quilt on! :-)

18. Thanks so much for providing individuals with a very remarkable chance to read articles and blog posts from this web site. It’s usually so terrific plus jam-packed with a lot of fun for me personally and my office acquaintances to visit your web site nearly 3 times a week to read through the new issues you have. And definitely, I am also at all times satisfied concerning the extraordinary tips served by you. Some 4 points in this article are undoubtedly the most effective I have ever had.