Hot Off The Press – McCall’s Quilting

Cover large Hot Off The Press   McCalls QuiltingI just finished posting our current issue on our website, and it’s a real treasure-trove! We’ve got lessons for:

• how to appliqué and quilt at the same time
  • a quick, easy technique for no-bias triangle units
  • slick cutting and appliqué tricks for fastest Dresden Plate blocks ever
  • making fabric origami boxes

This issue has an amazing number of unique and beautiful quilts – something for everyone – too many to list here! Please click on Magazines, then McCall’s Current Issue, or click here, to take a look.

Which pattern from this issue is your favorite, and why?

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Hot Off The Press – McCall’s Quilting

1. Jeanne Grabowski says:

I am thinking about making the half square triangle quilt. Our quilt guild is having a half square triangle exchange for the next several months. That would be a good way to use them all up. Plus I would end up with a beautiful scrappy quilt!
    Jeanne

2. Donna Swertel says:

Mary’s Broken Dishes just pops out at me . I think that the quilting work just pops at at me as well , and its probably the main reason why I love it , because your able to see all of the quilting work in detail

3. Marti Parsons says:

I am really drawn to Facets in Time and Pocono Ridge. Can’t wait to get my issue!!

4. MaryJane says:

I would love to see more paper piecing patterns…..am addicted to them but don’t see enough. thanks.

5. Dorothy Reitsma says:

I love Facets of Time and Chain of Jewels. They remind me of 2 of my granddaughters and would be perfect for them.

6. Nann says:

I love the Jinny Beyer pattern, but I don’t think my skills will ever be up to making it.
    The Dresden plates pattern leaves me cold. (Too busy? Too something.) The kaleidoscope (“Faceted Jewels”) is appealing. I can imagine “How Green Is My Stash” in multiple colors; the corners are a really neat treatment. I’m coordinating a 9″ star swap and the block in Fireside Stars would be great for that. “Buttons and Blooms”–I can see it made with daisies (my sorority flower). I’ve already made a super-scrappy all-HST quilt so that’s out of my system.