Ask Us a Question…And Win!

McQA Web Ask Us a Question...And Win!

We’re looking for some fun questions for the McCall’s Quilting staff to answer on our McQ & A page. Generally, these are opinion-type questions, as opposed to questions about specific patterns, etc. Post potential McQ & A questions as comments here, or visit our Facebook page and post there. Anyone whose question is chosen to appear in the magazine will receive a charm pack of fabrics from a famous manufacturer as a thank-you gift! Ask us…we’ll answer!

This entry was posted in Contests, Kathy Patterson, McCall's Quilting Issues, Quilty Giveaways and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

110 Responses to Ask Us a Question…And Win!

1. Tricia says:

Hi, Shavonna!
    Betsy McCall was a long time before McCall’s Quilting began publication. We aren’t affiliated with that McCall’s magazine, but we remember her, too.
    -Tricia, Editorial Assistant, McCall’s Quilting

2. So many quilt patterns end with ‘quilt as desired’. How do you find and choose quilting designs for your quilts?

3. Madeline says:

I have two questions: what got you to start quilting?
    and: how many quilts do you plan to make before you die?

4. Nanette Meck says:

I love all the beautiful patterns that you publish every month, how do you come up with all of them?

5. Judy L. Oswald says:

I am making a Crazy Quilt. What is traditionaly found in these quilts? I know that there are spiders & their web, a fan, a cat, and a key. Are there others that I would want to put into it?

6. Delores Coe says:

Ihave finished a quilt and am basting ,i have never had problems with such wavy borders,, 4 what suggestions do you have? It is square ,soo HELP.. Thank you.

7. Stacey says:

I’m interested in making a scrappy batik quilt in blues, greens, purples. I’m afraid of it being too busy, however. Is there a way to give the eye a place to rest in a busy type of quilt? Are there patterns that would work? I don’t want it to look too chaotic, but I love the scrappy look. (An oxymoron of a dilemma?)

8. Carol Hupp says:

There are such an unlimited aray of color possibilities along with unlimited patterns. Where do you start and how do you stay focused on completing a quilt without starting on another that has caught your imagination?

9. Do you think big prints are appropriate For Log Cabin Quilts?

10. Emmy says:

I am new to quilting and am struggling with how to calculate the material needed for what size quilt, say a kingside one. Can you help me with this?