We’ll All Miss Judy Hopkins

398397721 206x300 We’ll All Miss Judy Hopkins

I just found out today that Judy Hopkins passed away on March 9th. Judy Hopkins wrote many of the books that I’ve loved in my journey as a quilter… Rotary Riot, Around the Block, 101 Fabulous Rotary-Cut Quilts… they’ve all been well-used and well-loved in my sewing room. She also designed mystery quilt patterns that brought fun and laughter to me, and so many others, through the years. Her work has enhanced my quilter’s life immeasurably. Thanks, Judy… all of us in the quilting world will miss you.

This entry was posted in 1-Current Interest, Laura Roberts, Quilting Community, Quilting Inspiration. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to We’ll All Miss Judy Hopkins

1. Karen604 says:

I am saddened to hear this. I have been quilting a long time and several of the books she authored are on my shelf. My thoughts and prayers go to her and her family.

2. lizen says:

The quilting world has lost a legend. Judy taught me so much with her books and patterns…the third quilting book I bought was one of hers, and I’ve worn it out! I hope she knew what an inspiration she was to so many of us. Perhaps a Judy Hopkins retrospective in an upcoming issue of McCall’s or QN?

3. Linda Ferguson says:

Judy Hopkins was a big inspiration to me. I treasure all the books she wrote! It would be wonderful to see a tribute to her in a magazine. I don’t know where I would be today as a quilter without my “Around the Block” book!

4. Shirley says:

I have just started quilting and I enjoy all her books that were past on to me by my mom.may she rest in peace.

5. Marie says:

God has a new Quilting Angel.

6. Linda F. White says:

I have just discovered this wonderful lady has passed. Talking about a shock. She was a real gem. When I first began quilting she was there and helped make it such a joy for me with her late night mystery quilts in Anchorage. It left us all wanting more. Those classes were my greatest joy and I could hardly wait for another. It’s been over 20 years now and I still talk about those times with the fondest of memories. We have all lost quite a fine lady and sister. We can all be quite thankful that she has left some of herself behind in those books. She was just getting into publishing when I first met her and I am so delighted to see the success she was and that she has left some of herself behind for others to enjoy. She was a true lady, friend and gifted quilter. I consider it an honor to have had the opportunity to meet her and learn from her.