So Many Blocks, So Much Fun!

I know lots of you are stitching America The Beautiful blocks along with me, and I love hearing about your creative color schemes. Keep sharing! No doubt about it, I was in my glory choosing fabrics for our June issue’s three blocks.

Flag block So Many Blocks, So Much Fun!

Being the flag-waver I am, I wouldn’t mind piecing an entire quilt top made of this adorable flag block. It’s fun…and easy!

Church Block So Many Blocks, So Much Fun!

Ahhh, then came the exquisite church block. This ten-inch beauty definitely requires careful piecing, having many small patches, but when you’re finished, I guarantee you’ll swell with pride. It’s quite an exceptional little block.

Bounty Block1 So Many Blocks, So Much Fun!

And our third block, called Bounty, is a quilter’s dream. This creative block is composed of many favorite patchwork shapes — all surrounding a lovely log cabin. Piecing this one was just plain fun!

Let me hear from you. I’m anxious to hear more about your America The Beautiful progress!

This entry was posted in Beth Hayes, McCall's Quilting Issues. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to So Many Blocks, So Much Fun!

1. Rita says:

The mailman left this great issue at my house yesterday.. Can’t wait to start on these blocks.. Love your color choices.. This has been a lot of fun.. Thanks for sending it our way!

2. Beth says:

Thanks, Rita. These blocks really are fun to make!

3. Terri Lukshaitis says:

I have a question, I just started cutting for the patchwork block and it says to cut 12 blocks 2 7/8 by 2 7/8 and then 6 more the same size and I am supposed to cut those at a diagonal. but that is only going to give me 36 triangles and I think I need 72 triangles for three blocks–are my calculations correct? By the way I am loving this quilt!

4. lizen says:

Your blocks are beautiful!! I’ve been waiting impatiently for the church block because I have a print that reminds me of stained-glass and want to use it for the windows. Hopefully, this issue is in the store…and time for me to renew my subscription!

5. Kathy Hannah says:

Hi Terri,
    For the pinwheels in the Bounty Blocks, you will need 72 triangles, but 36 will be assorted cream, and 36 assorted golds.
    Let us know if you have any further questions, and be sure to send us a picture when you’re done! – Kathy

6. Gorgeous patterns you’ve got pictured here. I’ve been a longtime quilter myself, and have thought about setting up my own blog to showcase my quilts. Keep it up, I’ll be dropping in from time to time to check out your new stuff.

7. lizen says:

I’ve finished the flag and church blocks, which, considering that I hand-sew, is pretty good progress! On to the Bounty blocks…there is almost too much possibility for them. So I’m very much looking forward to going through my blue fabrics tonight to choose which are perfect for these blocks! If Lynn Lister is following these posts: Lynn, thank you so much for your wonderful design. I’m having a blast!

8. Mildred says:

I love these blocks. How do I get the patterns? Thanks

9. Valerie says:

You’re in luck! This popular series quilt has been reprinted in its entirety in our recent America Quilts Together special issue, available on newsstands now, or in print or instant digital download from our Quilt and Sew Shop.