New Year’s Quilt – Back on Track

Design Wall 234x300 New Years Quilt   Back on Track

The blocks are finished!

After falling off  the quilting wagon in February, I’m finally back on track. I’ve finished all of the blocks and partial blocks (for edges) and I put them up on my home design wall. I’m pretty happy with how it looks icon smile New Years Quilt   Back on Track .

Design Wall Close Up 235x300 New Years Quilt   Back on Track

Design Wall Close-up

I’m thinking about naming it Garden Rows. If you have any other ideas for names, let me know. Sometimes, I feel like I’m almost too close to the project to name it.

The next challenge: the border. How will I bring it all together?

Thanks for reading!

Kathy

This entry was posted in A New Year's Quilt, Kathy Hannah. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to New Year’s Quilt – Back on Track

1. Kathy this is quite nice. Love the design and the colors are so perfect together… feel free to visit my blog at http://www.sallysquiltingcorner.blogspot.com

2. Ferne Watt says:

I love the colors and the pattern in this. So glad you got back on track! Garden Rows sounds nice or “someone’s” Garden though there are lots of those already.

3. Dawn Grose says:

This is the first time I have been to this site. I really like this quilt, sharp colors and fun design. Is the pattern in the magazine or did you have it on hand?

4. Kathy Hannah says:

Hi Dawn, actually, this pattern may become a free web pattern a little later this year. Stay tuned! – Kathy

5. MaryAnn says:

absoluty LOVE this quilt..How about “Cottage Garden” ..The border makes the perfect edging for the garden…THANKS for the inspiration..I’m praying we’ll get a patter SOON..

6. Karen says:

I love this pattern! I was going to suggest “White Picket Fence” because that is what I thought of when I saw it, but I do like “Cottage Garden” as well. Just beautiful…

7. Marilyn Grubbs says:

Love the pattern!! Are you adding a solid sash before the border? How about Prairie Points for the final border?

8. Elaine says:

WOW! Colors look great. Looks like “Flying Kites” to me. Reminds me of the long Japanese box kites that twirl.

9. Andrea says: