Grano & Eva make a first quilt top

sewing 225x300 Grano & Eva make a first quilt top

Eva concentrating on that quarter inch seam

Grandaughter weekend and Eva (aged 7) and I decided we wanted to quilt. Lots of fun and we both worked hard. Eva learned to use the sewing machine. She concentrated hard on that quarter inch seam.

sweing2 225x300 Grano & Eva make a first quilt top

She loved pulling out pins and had a real sense of accomplishment at the end of each strip of fabric. We worked in our pajamas from like 7 in the morning until after noon when Mom came to pick her up. But we did take a breakfast break… Eva was a real worker bee.

pressing1 225x300 Grano & Eva make a first quilt top Each strip had a pressing lesson and caution about using an iron.

design start 225x300 Grano & Eva make a first quilt top Then came the really fun part of putting up patches on the design wall. Changing them around, waiting for Grano (my given name from grandkids—isn’t it cool?) to cut more so Eva could put them up.

design done 300x225 Grano & Eva make a first quilt top

Then, TA DAH! Here Eva is showing off all the work we did on Grano’s design wall. We still had some rearranging to do and more sewing is ahead…but Eva had a big sense of accomplishment and can’t wait to get this finished. What a great way to spend a day.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Grano & Eva make a first quilt top

1. Elizabeth says:

it is amazing!!! I am from Uruguay in sud america, congratulations for the job !!! i am sorry for my english is too bad!

2. Sherry Vaughn says:

What a fun way to spend the time together! My daughter is 4, and I’m hoping when she’s a little older, she’ll take an interest in making a quilt with me. How did you make your design wall? that’s on my wish list, but am not sure how best to make one.

3. Hope says:

Awesome!!!

4. Peggy says:

My grandaughter & I did the same thing 2 weeks ago Saturday, only she’s 26 and had never sewn or ironed. I am teaching her to quilt and I started her out on 2 1/2″ stripped peiced 4 patches. I wish I had thought to take pictures.

5. Glenn Ford says:

I have an 8 year-old Grandson I would like to get in on the quilting thing. I know he would enjoy it.
    Eva and Grano did a magnificent job, can’t wait to see the finished product.

6. Nancy says:

What a cute story with a cute young lady and her Granno! Love it!

7. Ellie says:

The design wall is simple insulatio panels from Home Depot that are covered with muslin and then tacked to the wall. Simple and so worth it.

8. Mary says:

Oh, this made me miss my granddaughters even more than I already do!!! Have a great time, Grano – you are Eva make an awesome quilting duo!!