Where’s the most exciting place YOU will quilt in 2015? If you dream of stitching hexies on a tour bus headed for Shanghai, appliquéing flowers while resting on a park bench in London, or perhaps just soaking up quilting inspiration while touring a castle in Germany…now your dreams can come true.
McCall’s Quilting has 3 different international quilters trips scheduled for 2015, and I invite you to dream big.
I’ve only traveled to Europe once, way back in the 80s, but it was life-changing and left impressions that are still with me to this day. It was expensive (at the time, I was in my 20s and just a few years into being a single homeowner, so you can imagine my financial picture), risky (I needed to get 3 consecutive weeks off from a very demanding social service job), and a little scary (I’d never been in a plane before. Never.) but it was SO worth it.
What can you expect to get from a McCall’s Quilting tour? Here are just a few of the benefits our travelers tell us they appreciate:
- Personal and attentive tour hosts. Whether your trip is hosted by Editor-in-Chief Emeritus Beth Hayes, or by Jim West of Sew Many Places and his staff, you will have one or more 24/7 leaders to answer all your trip-related questions and smooth your travel.
- Similarly, your local tour guides will be the best available anywhere. We have ongoing relationships with professional, trusted guides in all the regions we tour, and our travelers love their energy, spirit, and encyclopedic knowledge.
- You’ll see your destination point(s) from a quilter’s perspective. Beth plans these trips to include the maximum contact with local quilters, quilt shops, textile museums, and other sites related to the fiber arts. These are not generic tours like you’ll find in some other places. These trips are planned by quilters, for quilters.
- You’ll be pampered. All McCall’s Quilting trips and events have always featured the highest level of attention to detail and careful consideration of our travelers’ needs.
- When you travel with other quilters, you’re always among friends. Even if you’re traveling solo, you won’t be alone for long in a group of quilters and their companions!
Ready to learn more about our 2015 tours? Click the images below to visit the trip landing pages, which include links to complete itineraries. And dream big!